Welcome and thanks for taking the time out of your busy life to take a look at my page. My name is Anna and I was diagnosed with Acute Myeloid Leukaemia in April 2015, having only felt unwell for a couple of weeks so as you can imagine this was a complete shock.
Leukaemia has changed my life in many ways, both positively and negatively which is why I started this blog as well as wanting to realise my childhood dream of writing (positive No1).
At first I wrote about my diagnosis, recovery, emotions and what I’d learnt, since then it has evolved into what it is now. A lifestyle and cancer blog with a dash of randomness… when I am blogging and writing I am in heaven!
When I am not blogging I am a wife, mother, daughter, friend, work as a Pharmacy Technician and am a patient Ambassador the charity Bloodwise.
You could say I am addicted to life, especially since surviving Leukaemia… there just aren’t enough hours in the day to do everything my heart desires!
My interests/loves include;
- Sharing my life experiences to reach out & link up with other link minded people, connecting with other writers and bloggers
- Writing for THE HUFFINGTON POST – My Huffington Post Blogs
- Creative writing of course! She became a Warrior
- Exploring The UK ~ London, Cornwall, The Lake District ~ Discovering Port Isaac
- History ~ my own family’s, British History, fashions and pretty much anything else ~ Hidden in plain sight for 80 years ~ Cornwall’s time capsule and Queen Victoria ~ Revealed by her own words
- Being creative, Photography & Crafts ~ Digital Art Poldark Style!
- Planning and organising ~ Productive Escapism – A different Perspective on Spring Cleaning
- Paying it forward ~ charity, supporting and the healing power of being kind – How my Charity work has helped me live with Leukaemia #Bloodwise
- Box sets ~ from the dark, gritty dramas to the amusing
- Sharing my blood cancer journey ~What Cancer has taught me about friendships / My Hair – Growing back to being me again
Just one of the comments I’ve received; “I just wanted to say that I think you are fantastic, I have been following your blog. Well done for staying so positive through such a roller coaster, I think you are truly inspirational”
My blogs on my cancer experience have reached many people including those in the public eye;
I intend to include something on all of my interests/loves in the blog at some point but as ever it is a work in progress, please come back or follow by email as a reminder that I am here writing and sharing life all of its thought provoking, surprising, heartwarming & shocking aspects… I don’t post very often so it won’t mean daily or even weekly emails!